Preparation time: 20 minutes
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp caster sugar
130ml/4½fl oz milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp melted butter or olive oil, plus extra for cooking
2 Spanish Persimon, thinly sliced
50g pomegranate seeds
Yoghurt and maple syrup or honey to serve
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and, using a fork, beat until you have a smooth batter. Let the batter stand for a few minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter. When it’s melted, add a ladle of batter (or two if your frying pan is big enough to cook two pancakes at the same time). It will seem very thick but this is how it should be.
- Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown and the pancake has risen to about 1cm (½in) thick.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Place the pancakes on a plate and layer the persimon slices in between each pancake
- Finish with a scatter of pomegranate seeds, a dollop of yoghurt and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
Serve with: Andrew Quady Essencia Orange Muscat well chilled!